Send messages to all or selected students. This is often an effective way to get a distracted student back on task. Also, students can ask the teacher a question and the teacher can respond by initiating a chat session with that student. Teachers can also initiate chat sessions with a group of students.
How to Send a Message
- Select one or more student computers (if none are selected, the message will be sent to all computers)
- Click the "Message" button from the toolbar
- Type a message and click "Send" to display that message to students
- Selecting the "Force Student to Read this Message" checkbox will make the message pop-up above all other windows.
How a Student Can Ask a Question
- On a student computer, left-click on the LanSchool icon in the system tray .
- Click the pop-up message to "Ask the teacher a question".
- Type the question that will be sent to the teacher and click the "Send" button.