Setting Up Clever Secure Sync
LanSchool Classic supports using Clever as a source for class rosters. With Clever integration, instructors will not need to manually create classes and manually add students to their class rosters. Instructors can still create their own classes manually, but classes synced to Clever from your district's SIS will appear automatically for them.
- Clever Secure Sync must already be configured between your Student Information System (SIS) and Clever. To get started, visit https://clever.com/schools.
- For Windows and macOS student devices, students must have their local device login name populated in Clever's credentials.district_username field (e.g. jsmith).
- For Chromebooks, students must have their username portion of their email populated in Clever's credentials.district_username field (e.g. email@example.com they only need jsmith)
Lenovo Software sends an invitation to your Clever District Admin to initiate the process of sharing your schools’ rosters with LanSchool. Alternatively, Clever users can initiate the process by requesting to connect with LanSchool via the Clever App Library by clicking Request application.
- Your Clever District Admin will accept the invite and select which data to share with LanSchool by ensuring that the Accept with recommended sharing radio button is selected and clicking Continue. Most districts share data based on which schools will be using LanSchool. If the district initiated the process, please wait for Lenovo Software to approve the request.
- Once sharing rules are accepted and the sync is launched, it may take up to two hours for the initial data sync to occur.
- That’s it! Updates to any class rosters made in your Student Information System (SIS) will be synced to Clever based on your Secure Sync schedule. Once in Clever, those updates will be synced to LanSchool on a nightly basis.
- Follow the rest of the guide to make the Clever Rosters available to your teachers in LanSchool.
Integrating Clever Rosters into the LanSchool Teacher Console
- LanSchool Teacher Console 126.96.36.199 or later is installed on the teacher's Windows or Mac device.
- Students must have the "district username" field populated in Clever that corresponds with their device login name.
- On the Teacher Console, from the Class List menu or toolbar menu select Dynamic Class List...
- Select Options... then select Clever Class Lists and click OK.
- A browser window opens, prompting you to authenticate to your school’s Clever Portal. If prompted, search for your school. Then, log in to Clever using your district username and password.
Once authenticated to Clever, the window should close automatically, and your class lists will automatically appear in your LanSchool Teacher Console.
- Select the appropriate class. You can choose to have the class automatically dismiss by selecting Automatically dismiss class:
- Dismiss at default end time: Allows you to select a specific end time for your class. This will become the normal end time every time the class is loaded.
- Dismiss __ minutes from now Allows you to input a certain number of minutes to have the class dismiss from when it starts.
Next select Start Class. The class is now loaded and you should see your students that are logged into their devices. Any student that is not logged in will appear as ‘Missing Student’.
TIP: You can hold down the CTRL key to select multiple classes and load them all at the same time. This is helpful when you have multiple sections meeting in the same physical classroom during the same period.
To manually dismiss the class, from the
Class List menu or toolbar menu select Dismiss Current Class
(Optional) To load a different class, navigate to
Class Lists>>Dynamic Class List...
or select the
button in the toolbar and select "Dynamic Class List…" . Your list of classes previously imported from Clever will appear.
- (Optional) Your class lists will not automatically update from Clever. To refresh your class lists and get the latest rosters from Clever, click the Refresh button to re-authenticate to Clever and update your class lists.
Creating and Managing Class Lists
Overview If LanSchool is going to be used in a 1:1 environment, where every student has their own device and is moving from class to class, it is recommended to use LanSchool Classic's Class List feature. The feature allows teachers to quickly load ...
Clever Secure Sync Integration FAQ
Overview This article contains information pertaining to Clever Integration with LanSchool Classic. For information on connecting Clever to LanSchool Air, see Setting Up Clever Secure Sync with LanSchool Air. How do I setup Clever Integration in ...
How do I gather logs from the teacher? LanSchool Support may require logs from the teacher console to help troubleshoot an issue. For instructions, please see Collecting Logs from Teacher Devices. How do I gather logs from the student? LanSchool ...
Dynamic Class List Implementation Guide
Overview Instead of requiring each teacher to manually create and manage each class list on their own, many organizations opt to build centrally managed class lists, typically generated by a scheduled export from the district's Student Information ...
Configuring LanSchool Secure Mode
Overview LanSchool has two different, optional, security modes that can be enabled on installation called Password Secure Mode and Active Directory Secure Mode, and one or both may be selected. If the options are not properly installed, however, a ...
Limiting Website Use
Overview To block troublesome or distracting websites or limit students to a select few websites pertinent to the class, use the Limit Web feature in LanSchool Classic. The teacher can choose to restrict all web activity, allow only certain websites, ...
Installing LanSchool Teacher for Windows
Overview The following instructions will assist you with manually installing LanSchool Classic Teacher Console on a single Windows device. For information on installing the student client or mass deploying LanSchool throughout your organization, see ...
Latest Release Notes
LanSchool Classic Release Notes Customers with an active LanSchool subscription will have access to download the latest version from the LanSchool Customer Portal. For instructions, see Downloading LanSchool Installers. LanSchool Classic 188.8.131.52 ...
Limiting Application Use
Overview Teachers can control the applications that are allowed to run on the student computers. The application limiting policy can stop ALL applications from running except for those specified in an "allow list" or can allow all application except ...
LanSchool Classic Teacher Guide
LanSchool Classic Teacher Console The LanSchool Teacher Console is the interface teachers will use to manage their classroom and students. It contains all the tools necessary for a teacher to effectively interact with students and create a ...
Deploying LanSchool Classic Using Jamf Pro
Overview The LanSchool Classic for macOS agents supports a few different deployment methods. See Mass Deploying LanSchool Student for macOS or Mass Deploying LanSchool Teacher for macOS for more detailed instructions. Please note that our support ...
Disabling Fast User Switching
Overview LanSchool Classic does not support Windows Fast User Switching feature. The student client will not function properly when the computer is switched to a second user account. It is recommended to disable Fast User Switching in order for the ...
Using Enable Channel Select Utility
Overview LanSchool Classic comes packaged with utilities that can help administrators with making changes to already installed clients. The Enable Channel Select utility allows teachers to be able to change their teacher channel, view multiple ...
Viewing Student Screens
Overview Screen Monitoring mimics the classroom environment, enabling teachers to provide assistance and encouragement to keep students on task. Opening the LanSchool Teacher Console On a Windows teacher computer, you will see a small LanSchool icon ...
Deploying LanSchool Classic Using Intune
Overview The LanSchool Classic for Windows agent supports a number of different deployment methods and tools using a MSI. See Mass Deploying LanSchool Student for Windows for more detailed instructions. Please note that our support team can only ...