Setting Up Clever Secure Sync
Setting up the Secure Sync between Clever and LanSchool
- Clever Secure Sync must already be configured between your Student Information System (SIS) and Clever
- Lenovo Software sends an invitation to your Clever District Admin to initiate the process of sharing your schools’ rosters with LanSchool. Alternatively, Clever users can initiate the process by requesting to connect with LanSchool via the Clever App Library by clicking Request application.
- Your Clever District Admin will accept the invite and select which data to share with LanSchool by ensuring that the Accept with recommended sharing radio button is selected and clicking Continue. Most districts share data based on which schools will be using LanSchool. If the district initiated the process, please wait for Lenovo Software to approve the request.
- Once sharing rules are accepted and the sync is launched, it may take up to two hours for the initial data sync to occur.
- That’s it! Updates to any class rosters made in your Student Information System (SIS) will be synced to Clever based on your Secure Sync schedule. Once in Clever, those updates will be synced to LanSchool on a nightly basis.
- Follow the rest of the guide to make the Clever Rosters available to your teachers in LanSchool.
Integrating Clever Rosters into the LanSchool Teacher Console
- LanSchool Teacher Console 18.104.22.168 or later is installed on the teacher's Windows or Mac device.
- Students in must have the "district username" field populated in Clever that corresponds with their device login name.
- On the Teacher Console, from the Class List menu or toolbar menu select Dynamic Class List...
- Select Options... then select Clever Class Lists and click OK.
- A browser window opens, prompting you to
authenticate to your school’s Clever Portal. If prompted, search for your school. Then, log in to Clever using your district username and password.
Once authenticated to Clever, the window should
close automatically, and your class lists will automatically appear in your
LanSchool Teacher Console.
- Select the appropriate class. You can choose to have the class automatically dismiss by selecting Automatically dismiss class:
- Dismiss at default end time: Allows you to select a specific end time for your class. This will become the normal end time every time the class is loaded.
- Dismiss __ minutes from now Allows you to input a certain number of minutes to have the class dismiss from when it starts.
Next select Start Class. The class is now loaded and you should see your students that are logged into their devices. Any student that is not logged in will appear as ‘Missing Student’.
TIP: You can hold down the CTRL key to select multiple classes and load them all at the same time. This is helpful when you have multiple sections meeting in the same physical classroom during the same period. To manually dismiss the class, from the Class List menu or toolbar menu select Dismiss Current Class
(Optional) To load a different class, navigate to Class Lists>>Dynamic Class List... or select the Class Lists button in the toolbar and select "Dynamic Class List…" . Your list of classes previously imported from Clever will appear.
- (Optional) Your class lists will not automatically update from Clever. To refresh your class lists and get the latest rosters from Clever, click the Refresh button to re-authenticate to Clever and update your class lists.
Creating and Managing Class Lists
Overview If LanSchool is going to be used in a 1:1 environment, where every student has their own device it is recommended to use LanSchool’s Class List feature. The feature will allow teachers to quickly load students into their class for that class ...
Clever Secure Sync Integration FAQ
This article contains information pertaining to Clever Integration with LanSchool Classic. For information on connecting Clever to LanSchool Air, see Setting Up Clever Secure Sync with LanSchool Air. How do I setup Clever Integration in LanSchool ...
Dynamic Class List Implementation Guide
Overview Instead of requiring each teacher to manually create and manage each class list on their own, many organizations opt to build centrally managed class lists, typically generated by a scheduled export from the district's Student Information ...
Installing the LanSchool Connection Service
System Requirements A dedicated server or workstation is required to host the LanSchool Connection Service. Refer to LanSchool System Requirements for full details. Installing the LanSchool Connection Service In My Computer, go to the LanSchool ...
Configuring LanSchool Secure Mode
What is LanSchool Secure Mode? LanSchool has two different optional security modes that can be enabled on installation called Password Secure Mode and Active Directory Secure Mode, and one or both may be selected. If the options are not properly ...
Installing LanSchool Teacher for Windows
Overview The following instructions will assist you with manually installing LanSchool Teacher on a single Windows teacher device. For information on installing the student client or mass deploying LanSchool throughout your organization, see Setting ...
Latest Release Notes
LanSchool Classic Release Notes Customers with an active LanSchool subscription will have access to download the latest version from the LanSchool Customer Portal. For instructions, see Downloading LanSchool Installers. LanSchool Classic 22.214.171.124 ...
Limiting Application Use
Overview Teachers can control the applications that are allowed to run on the student computers. The application limiting policy can stop ALL applications from running except for those specified in an "allow list" or can allow all application except ...
Limiting Website Use
Overview Limit the websites that can be accessed by one or more student computers. The teacher can choose to restrict all web activity, allow only certain websites, or block only certain websites. This is often used to keep students focused or to ...
Configuring and Troubleshooting Wake on Lan
Wake on Lan Configuration Your device manufacturer will be able to assist you with the Wake on Lan configuration. That information is proprietary to the devices and is not provided by LanSchool. LanSchool utilizes Wake on Lan to power on the student ...
LanSchool Teacher Channel Assignment Using Group Policy
Overview LanSchool provides an option to utilize a PowerShell script at teacher login to change the LanSchool Teacher channel to a unique channel from a CSV file. This is recommended for customers who are not using a LanSchool Connection Server or ...
Logging On or Off Students Remotely
Overview The LanSchool Teacher console has the ability to only log on wired and wireless Windows devices using Log On Students. The LanSchool Teacher console has the ability to log off wired and wireless Windows and Mac devices using Log Off Students ...
LanSchool Classic Video Tutorials
For detailed information on how to use each feature of LanSchool Classic, visit the Using LanSchool Classic in the Classroom section of our Help Center. For quick, video demonstrations of each feature in action, visit our "LanSchool Classic Features" ...
Deploying LanSchool Using Group Policy
Overview The LanSchool Group Policy deployment guide is designed to assist with some basic settings and deployment using Active Directory Group Policy settings. Please note that our support team can only provide limited assistance with configuring ...
Adding the LanSchool Teacher Console Shortcut to Desktop
By default, the LanSchool Teacher Console will always be running the Windows system tray. To make it easier for teachers to launch, consider creating a shortcut for the LanSchool Teacher Console to place on the Desktop or pin to the Taskbar. Open the ...