LanSchool Classic can collect and store a student's Keystroke History locally on the student's device. This information is then viewable by a teacher from within the LanSchool Teacher Console. This capability can be disabled by selecting the Advanced Options during the installation process
Adding Words to the Banned Words List
- In the LanSchool Teacher Console, select the Administer menu.
- Select the Preferences option.
- Select the Keystroke Alerts tab.
- You can add words to the list each on its own line. Press Enter to move to the next line.
- Select OK to close the Preferences window.
Viewing Keystroke Alerts
Words added to the teacher's Banned Word List will trigger an alert when LanSchool detects that the word was typed on the student device. An alert will appear in the teacher console. By default, a screenshot is also taken of the student's device and sent to the teacher.
Both of these options can be disabled by navigating to the Administer > Preferences > Keyword Alerts tab.
Accessing Keyword Alerts from the Report Server
If you are also using the LanSchool Report Server
, Keystroke Alerts will be sent to the database and are reported on the eSafety Alerts page.